Unsupported browser

For a better experience please update your browser to its latest version.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Irish cooling firms with UK F-Gas cards will have to reapply under No Deal Brexit

Holders of UK F-Gas certificates will have to apply for transitional cards if Britian leaves the EU

Cooling firms in Ireland have been warned that their UK-awarded certificates for F-Gas and ODS will not apply after October 31 if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.

The Irish government environmental agency the EPA has written to cooling firms to advise that to be compliant with F-Gas, they will need to apply for transitional arrangements with the designated F-Gas provider F-Gas Registration Ltd (FGR) in a ‘no deal’ situation.

Companies that do not apply for the transitional certification by 11pm on October 31 will have to apply for new F-Gas qualiifications offered within the EU.

The EPA stresses that this will apply both to companies registered in the UK with the likes of Refcom for F-Gas qualification and to individuals who have gained F-Gas qualificaitons from UK training providers.

It warns that if the company or cardholder has lost evidence of their certification, then they must contact the registration body or trainer, as the transitional certificate will not be supplied without receipt of the UK certificate.

The transitional company certificate will only be valid until the end of the year in which it is issued, but it will allow companies to work in the EU, including Ireland. After that date, companies and individuals will need to reapply for an EU qualification, the EPA said.

Details of the exchange process for company registration can be found here.

Individuals will have a different process - they need to complete an application form online and submit their UK certificates online on the EPA’s site in order to receive an Irish F-Gas card, enabling them to work in Ireland and elsewhere in the EU.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.