Trane has launched its Chiller Plant Retrofit Service, designed to optimise the performance and energy efficiency of chillers and chiller plants.
Particularly beneficial to plants older than 10 years, Trane Chiller Plant Retrofit Services claims it can reduce yearly operating costs up to 20 per cent.
The first step involves an in-depth analysis with the Trane Chiller Plant Analyser (TCPA), which takes into account variables such as weather data, chiller specifications and performance characteristics to evaluate potential energy savings and carbon reductions, as well as the impact and payback of specific retrofit improvements.
This analysis leaves the customer with actionable measures that will significantly improve energy efficiency, reliability and performance.
Upon customer sign-off, the recommended improvements are put into action. Trane Chiller Plant Retrofit Services are tailored to the operational and performance needs of each customer. They can include a number of solutions, executed by Trane specialists:
- Chiller retrofit or replacement
- Chiller plant re-engineering
- Variable primary flow system and variable secondary distribution system
- Free cooling and cooling tower optimization
- Ice storage system or any other peak shaving system
- Heat recovery
- Trane chiller plant management system
- Chilled water and condenser water reset temperature
- Cooling tower optimum set points
- Detailed chiller plant energy analysis using TRACE™ 700 building simulation software
- Addressing environmental and operating cost concerns through enterprise energy management systems
Trane conducts the entire retrofit process, from design to commissioning. Trane Chiller Plant Retrofit Services also include ongoing maintenance and repair to ensure continued optimal operation.
“Today’s facility manager simply can’t afford a chiller plant that wastes energy or performs unreliably,” said Michel van Roozendaal, vice president Service, Controls, Turnkey and Aftermarket for Trane Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. “With Trane Chiller Plant Retrofit Services, even older chiller plants can meet current efficiency, environmental and performance standards. Trane Chiller Plant Retrofit Services offer our customers real cost savings and peace of mind.”