Adande has released a statement following customer feedback on a rival product that has drawn design comparisons with its range, stating that the technology differs significantly.
In a statement Adande said: “In July 2013 Precision launched VSS121 SS; a self-contained refrigerated drawer which they claimed was the most energy efficient on the market offering totally accurate temperature control and which consumed 26% less power than its nearest competitor.
Customers asked whether Precision was using the same technology as Adande, and whether their drawer was the same as an Adande drawer. Precision had used precisely the same dimensions as an Adande® unit and claimed the same modularity, creating confusion.
Precision do not use Adande technology. Their drawers are not Adande drawers.
To test Precision’s claims we purchased a Precision drawer and sent it to Refrigeration Developments and Testing Ltd, an independent test house. They tested it alongside a standard Adande VCS drawer. They followed BS EN441, the test standard used to assess temperature and energy performance of professional cabinets for ECA accreditation. Their report is attached.
In summary, they report that far from Precision’s drawer offering totally accurate temperature control
• When both drawers were set as freezers test packs in the Adande® drawer maintained temperature within a range of 4.8 deg C (between -17.1 deg C and -21.9 deg C) whilst the same packs in the Precision drawer varied by over 15.6 deg C (from -21.5 deg C to -5.9 deg C)
• When set as fridges, test packs in the Adande drawer maintained temperature within a range of 2.0 deg C (between +3.0 deg C and +5.0 deg C), whilst the same packs in a Precision drawer varied by 11.2 deg C (between -1.4 deg C and +9.8 deg C)
• Precision’s drawer failed to comply with the Fridge (M1) and Freezer (L1) temperature classifications within EN441
RD&T provided independent information regarding the energy comparison between cabinets:
• As a fridge Precision’s drawer consumes 86% more energy than an Adande drawer
• As a freezer Precision’s drawer consumes 120% more energy than an Adande drawer
• To cap it all Precision’s drawer uses more energy as a fridge than Adande uses as a freezer
Our customers know that Adande’s patented insulated drawer system offers temperature stability and energy savings that are not available elsewhere. No other fridge or freezer on the market uses that technology. Other suppliers might offer something that looks like an Adande® unit, but unless it contains our patented insulated drawers, it isn’t an Adande.”