The European Association of Brazing and Soldering (EABS) and the Building and Engineering Services Association (B&ES) has announced dates for a one day briefing on aluminium and copper joining course
The ‘Technical Awareness Day’ is designed to help specifiers, designers and installers of piping system to understand and utilise the different pipe materials, typically aluminium and copper, and joining methods suitable for use in the HVACR sectors.
The ‘Awareness’ programme includes:
- Discussion on the Market trend towards aluminium, its thermal and mechanical properties.
- Joining Aluminium is different, but not difficult, however, if you, and your customers, don’t FULLY understand these differences then it can be difficult.
Preparation and demonstrations of joining using;
- Non-permanent mechanical joints i.e. Flare joints and Flare adaptors
- Permanent mechanical joints e.g. Vulcan Lokring
- Flame Brazed joints, alloys and fluxes.
- Gases and equipment for soldering and brazing with Natural Gas, LPG, Acetylene, Hydrogen.
- Flames from water. HHO: Hydrogen + Oxygen Mixtures and/or Separate Hydrogen and Oxygen streams.
Initial dates are 21/22 January, 18/19 February and 11/12 March 2014 at the EABS Training Centre, 81A Coppice Road, Poyton, Cheshire, SK12 1SL