The climate technology marketing company Shecco has launched a global guide to natural refrigerants.
The first edition of a series, the guide is aimed at industry and policy decision makers, and has a particular focus on Europe.
It also features market forecasts per industry sector until 2020, the end-users’ views, an industry directory and Europe’s first CO2 transcritical supermarket map.Shecco claims it’s the first-ever approach to quantify the market potential for the natural working fluids carbon dioxide, ammonia and hydrocarbons.
Labelled the “GUIDE 2012: Natural Refrigerants – Market Growth for Europe” it addresses both experts and new entrants to the market for more sustainable heating, cooling and refrigeration.
In a statement the company said: “Building on a global industry survey among close to 1,300 HVAC&R experts, the GUIDE aims to support decision makers in industry and policy to learn about the characteristics of natural refrigerants, get familiar with their applications today and the challenges they still face, but more importantly evaluate their business potential over the coming years.”
Among the highlights from the publication:
- User’s Guide to NR: What are the characteristics of Natural Refrigerants? Where are they used in the Food Chain, in Transport, in City & Buildings, and in Industry & Special Applications?
- Global Industry Survey: Which world region will adopt NR quickly? How are NR refrigerant sales volumes developing?
- Europe Today: What are the promising applications of NR? Policy SWOT: Which policies have which impact on the uptake of NR?
- CO2 Supermarket Map: How many supermarkets per EU country are using CO2 transcritical refrigeration systems? The first-ever map per country showing how CO2 refrigerant is gaining momentum.
- Europe Tomorrow: What do 667 respondents say about the future of NR in Europe? Which NR do they already use today in their products & services? What is the overall awareness level about NR among the HVAC&R industry and their customers? And what are the strenghts of NR and the most important barriers to their uptake?
- Market Forecasts 2012-2020: What are the industry’s expectations for the market share of NR in 2012, 2015, 2020 - per industry sector?
- Case Studies: Where are NR used today? A collection of real-life success stories with cost & energy savings, environmental advantages and technology benefits.
- NR Business Directory: Who are the market players investing already today in NR technology, which refrigerants do they use and in which sectors are they active?
- The Voice of End-Users: What do The Coca-Cola Company, Unilever, Heineken, Mc Donald’s and leading supermarket chains have to say about the prospects of NR?
The GUIDE is freely available at http://guide.shecco.com