The Central Chelmsford Development Agency is seeking HVAC contractors to deliver an energy centre as part of a wide range of mixed use development worth £140m.
The residential element of the project includes 186 affordable dwellings to code four sustainable homes standards, inclusive of a 65 bed extra care unit by March 2013.
Other works include:
- Construction of new road layout and alterations to existing highway
- Sensitive restoration and refurbishment of retained buildings,
- Demolition and structural alterations to existing buildings,
- Approximately 4,328 m2 of Retail space,
- Approximately 9,157 m2 of Commercial space,
- Underpass works,
- Site works including landscaping,
- Construction of a two level basement.
The contract will commence on 15 June 2011 and will run until 30 September 2014.
A performance bond of 10 per cent of contract value is required, plus a Parent Company Guarantee for subsidiary contractors..
Between five and six contractors will be chosen for the framework.
Requests for documents and PQQs should be received by 28 February 2011.