The finalists for the RAC National Student of the Year Award 2011 have been released, with the winner to be announced at the Cooling Industry Awards, 28th July, at the Park Lane Hilton.
Furthermore, this year sees further endorsement of the most important student awards in the industry calendar, with sponsorship from supermarket giant Asda, associated partners CBES and City FM.
The event will open with a drink’s reception for all ten finalists attending the event, to celebrate their achievement in making it through to the grand final.
After the initial reception and introduction Asda’s refrigeration manager Brian Churchyard will make a keynote speech to the audience, followed by a photo call for the finalists.
They will then join the main Cooling Industry Awards party for dinner, followed by the Awards themselves, culminating in the announcement of the 2011 National Student of the Year winner, together with second and third place.
2010 winner Chris Druce said: “It was a real privilege to attend the event and have the opportunity to sit alongside the industry’s finest.
“I knew the high standard of all the finalists so never thought I would take top prize. As a result of the award I have been inspired to continue my education, studying part-time towards a BEng Degree in Building Services Engineering.”
- Carley Gorman - WR Refrigeration/Grimsby Institute of Higher Education
- Scott Berry – JD Cooling Systems/ Grimsby Institute of Higher Education
- Ross McGinty – Star Refrigeration/ Grimsby Institute of Higher Education
- Liam Walshe – Kroyair/ChillAir Training Academy
- John R Forteith – Forteith Refrigeration and Heat Pump Solutions/BEST
- Jack McKay – Acme Refrigeration/Practical Refrigeration Training Centre/T2000
- Brett Smith – Noblet Refrigeration/ Practical Refrigeration Training Centre/T2000
- Joshua Riley - Acme Refrigeration/ Practical Refrigeration Training Centre/T2000
- Vincent On Wing Wong – Acme Refrigeration/ Practical Refrigeration Training Centre
- Wayne Gillons – Noblet Refrigeration/ Practical Refrigeration Training Centre/T2000
Miriam Rodway – IOR
Jim Rusling – Mitsubishi Electric
John Skelton – Sainsbury’s
Roger Borer – Riva Cold
Michael Reeves – SummitSkills
Ron Filer – London Refrigeration Society
John Bonner – City Facilities Management