The finalists for the RAC National Student of the Year Award 2013 have been released, with the winner to be announced at the Cooling Industry Awards.
With a significant number of entries to consider this year, the judges of the RAC National Student of the Year Awards 2013, in conjunction with the Institute of Refrigeration (IOR), certainly had their hands full.
However, after much deliberation from a judging panel made up of key industry figures, including the likes of Graeme Maidment, President of the Institute of Refrigeration and John Skelton, Head of Refrigeration, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Limited, ten finalists were chosen, representing the cream of young talent in the industry.
And once again, this year’s event – to be held on 25th September at the Park Lane Hilton, London - sees continuing sponsorship from associated partners CBES and City FM, further endorsing its standing as the most important student awards in the industry calendar.
This year saw a broad range of candidates, from school leavers to veterans who have retrained, with a variety of skills and competences demonstrated across the board, giving a judges a tough time in narrowing down to the finalists and, ultimately, a top three.
The RAC National Student of the Year Award, which runs concurrently with the National Cooling Awards at the Park Lane Hilton in London, recognises the achievements of the best up and coming engineers and celebrates their contribution to the industry.
Julian Milnes, RAC Deputy Editor, who oversaw the judging said: “It was great to see such a high number of entries for this year’s National Student of the Year Awards. Such a high level of interest shows that the next generation is keen to put itself in the spotlight and be judged by such a discerning panel.
“Having received such a high calibre of entries, we would like to thank all of the judges for taking the time and effort to narrow it down to such a strong shortlist.”
The event will open with a drink’s reception for all ten finalists attending the event, to celebrate their achievement in making it through to the grand final.
After the initial reception and introduction Graeme Maidment, President of the Institute of Refrigeration, will make a keynote speech to the audience, followed by a photo call for the finalists.
They will then join the main Cooling Industry Awards party for dinner, followed by the Awards themselves, culminating in the announcement of the 2013 National Student of the Year winner, together with second and third place.
* Want to find out who will win the coveted award this year? Tables are selling fast for this year’s awards ceremony, so book your table now!
For further details about the awards or to discuss the table packages available please contact:
Shane Murphy on 020 3033 2657 or email email@example.com
Student of the Year Shortlist
- Holly Bailey of Acme Refrigeration, trained by Practical Refrigeration Training Centre
- Steven Burge of Cosham Refrigeration, trained by Eastleigh College
- David Cooper of Johnson controls, trained by The Grimsby Institute
- Liam Dean of KB Refrigeration, trained by Glasgow North College
- Mayur Kara of Climate control SE, trained by The College of Northwest London
- Adam Mitchell of Airco, trained by ChillAir ( UK) Training Academy
- Lewis Pearson of JD Cooling Systems, trained by The Grimsby Institute
- William Rayson of Airco trained by ChillAir ( UK) Training Academy
- Tom Smethurst of Vindon Scientific trained by Practical Refrigeration Training Centre
- Daniel Smith of Kellogg, Brown & Root UK, trained by ChillAir ( UK) Training Academy